Germany

Germany

Apr 21, 2014

Just A Hand Shake

Hahaha I feel so clever with my subjects. I know everyone is probably freaking out wondering what happened. And soon enough you will know! So this week was super fast for me. And I struggled a couple days with the language as I was trying to teach the class. But my teachers are super awesome and help all of us out with feeling comfortable even though we are butchering the grammer and some words so bad. But all in all the week was absolutely AMAZING.
WHY MY WEEK WAS AWESOME:
REASON ONE:
Neil L. Anderson came to talk to the mtc on tuesday and what an amazing and remarkable man he is. AND HIS WIFE. haha. His wife bore her testimony on why its so important to read, and re-read the talks from conference. She told us a story and it was super awesome! She said before her husband was an apostle they had 3 kids and wanted everyone in the family to have an ensign. Now it was 30 years ago. She went back to pick them up and they told her it cost 50 dollars. She was torn from this news. She then had a thought in mind. Even though they werent rich or had the most money she ended up buying them. She then told us how much time each person who talks in conference takes on their talks. She said they all have ATLEAST 15 drafts in the talks. After she explained how often they are praying seeking for revelation and going over their talks over and over and over again. She stated the question, "How much does it mean to you, to hear the words of our prophets from god?" I know that from that time on hearing that question that there wont be a conference that I wont read and re-read the talks after its over. I now know and encourage everyone to ask yourself that question. I know as we read those talks and apply what they say into our lives that we will be blessed extremely!! Now Andersons talk was AWESOME! he talked about the book of mormon and its importance in conversion. I know for a fact thats true. And I have seen it even in my own life to grow my testimony.
Reason TWO:
 Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf talked to us on easter yesterday. It was the most amazing talk about how we sometimes are like peter of times of old and denied and had lack of faith on our savior jesus christ. But when we have that faith and strength in him he blesses us to continue to strengthen our faith and to make us stronger people. He stated that Peter after he was saved by christ in the ocean and after Christ appeared to him. That his faith would NEVER go away. And that when we feel inside that faith on christ we need to be like Peter and act how he acted on our own missions and become FEARLESS! I know that as I am fearless in my faith on christ that he will strengthen me and help me to become a missionary like peter. He then bore his testimony and stated three times "I know that our savior Jesus Christ lives". I cant express the chills that I got and the knowledge that he has of him. I talked to many elders and sisters after and we all had the same feeling of knowing that he has seen our savior Jesus Christ and that he is fearless just as peter was.
REASON THREE:
    Pres. Uchtdorf went around a shook tons of elders and sisters hands as he was leaving. We then found out that the sisters from our district got to go in the back room with him and talk for awhile to be in the ensign or something. And I can tell you that it was devistating not getting to go back there. I was down and my comp almost started crying hahaha. But we were patient and waited and then we found out he left. So we made our way out and saw him up the sidewalk. We then got stopped by body guards because there was a group and so they all go directed to go a different way to lunch. After that we saw him go into a building and we knew that we wouldnt see him. It was the front desk building and the cafeteria is in there. so we ended up meeting up with one of our Branch Pres to the germans. And his wife had to leave and her car was near the front desk so we walked with them there and just as we knew it a police officer standing by the front doors. we thought there is no way he will let us in. but we told him we were just going to lunch and he said "okay well if you run into uchtdorf dont approach him." SO just as we walked in he was rounding the corner and he came straight up to us and shook mine and my companions hand. He is awesome and I was soooo happy that it happened. It was the best feeling ever. And that handshake made my mission 50 times better hahaha thats why its my subject.
I hope you arent annoyed with my HUGE email but everyone have an amazing week and I hope you enjoyed this if you read it all haha. And I also hope that you will all take Pres Andersons wife words to heart and read the talks often! LOve you all and have an amazing week!
Elder, Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment