Germany

Germany

Apr 6, 2015

every day, every day, every day

Best Conference.
First of all.. I don't think that a missionary can be excited about any other thing more than general conference weekend. I literally learned soooo much and loved it all. I would say the most inspiring and talks I enjoyed were from Elder Bednar, Holland, and Pearson. Of course all of them were good but when we follow the words of these three talks we cant but help having a safe and joyful life.
And the most awesome part about this entire conference is we have the ability now to share what we learned. You know anybody that is scared or complains about what's going on in the world? Bednar will clear that up telling you how you can overcome that FEAR and receive joy instead. Holland teaches for those who are alone or even think they can do it on their own, that they cant do it without the help of our brothers hands. He will pull us up as the sand slips through our hands hopelessly (his climbing example). And Pearson teaches us how we can start NOW. “Every day, every day, every day.” Reading and studying in the Book Of Mormon. When we apply these things in our life what these brothers teach us it wont only help us, but also the lives of others because we will want to share this what makes us happy. :)

Except for my love for conference I think this last week was soooo awesome. I have a miracle story...
We were on our way back from Kiel in the car from our meeting on Tuesday. And we had the thought come into our mind that we NEEDED to do our language study playing basketball so that we can try to talk in German and concentrate while doing something strenuous. It is also school break and not a lot of kids play basketball in Germany at all haha. But lone and behold there was a man and his son there playing and so we asked if we could play along. By the end we got the boys number. He is about 18 years old and we played a few times after that this last week. We got to tell him on a friend to friend level more about the church and he had a lot of questions. I don't know where it will go from here, but I do KNOW we were lead to him through the spirit. And its no coincidence that we thought to go play basketball on a basketball hoop where NOBDODY ever plays haha. The Lord really does lead us when we just open our eyes and are open for the promptings of the Spirit.
Other than that, I want to let you all know I am now going to Berlin now. I am leaving Heide. It will be hard because the people are soooo great here. But I am excited to go work for the Lord in a city of 4 million people. :)
I love you all and hope you really did enjoy conference. Stay strong and thanks so much for the support always!

Love Elder Williams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment