Germany

Germany

Jun 15, 2015

Best weeeek. Blesssed weeeek 6.08.2015

So I am very grateful for this last week. I really am sad though because our mission president will be leaving us in the next few weeks and we had our last conference together as missionaries. He is such a great guy and I was able to learn so much from him. I will have the next mission President for about 8 months so it will still be a good little chunk of time. Its always good for change in the mission but a change for mission presidents is definitely not the easiest haha. I will miss his wife sister Kosak too, she was great.

     Besides that I had a good week and I also learned a few things along the way. One of them is in Helaman 5. It talks about "remembrance". Why is it sooooo important to remember the things that we are taught or the experiences we have with the gospel. And a remembrance will bring us to bringing forth good works and letting our light shine as latter day saints. Maybe if our thoughts are focused on Christ and we listen to the sacrament prayer that our remembrance on him will help us in times of need and support and even allow us to help others from our learned experiences in the gospel. Helaman 5:12 is such a good example of this parable. I know that as I have focused on experiences that I have had in the past and also think about how important remembrance actually is, that I have been blessed and enlightened with the love of Heavenly Father and on my previous experiences that I've had in the gospel. It makes since that we are "reminded" every week from the sacrament that we need to "think" on Jesus Christ. And if we do that, we will have the spirit to be with us. Im not saying think 24/7 on experiences that you have  had with the gospel, but when you are tempted, or you have hard trials, think about what you have done in the past to get past these trials or problems. A remembrance is the one of the most important attributes that we can develop. We cant fall if our thoughts are on Christ and his gospel. 

    Also the big news is that our friend got baptized this week. He is unbelievable. I have never seen such a change in my life. I am so grateful that I saw this progress that the gospel made possible for him. And also for every person if they just except it. I have never ever ever seen a turn around like that. I can honestly say that there is nothing in this entire world that can change us into better people than the gospel. If we follow the commandments and do it with faith and with a desire, the blessings we will receive will be unending. The gospel is love and thats the main attribute to being a good person. Do it with purpose and with faith. Understanding and knowledge is 50 percent of revelation. We have to understand why we are going to church and taking the sacrament before we can feel the spirit and understand the true meaning and get out of it what we are expecting. Because like we know as it says in 2 Nephi 28:30, we can continue to receive revelation as we seek and receive. Anyways I know I am going off on a tangent, just know that we can also make these changes in our lives with the gospel and that the Lord loves us and wants us to become like him. We need to work our entire lives to do this. But its worth it and we will become better than we ever thought possible. Have a good week bye!!!!


Love Elder Williams :)

Sent from my iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment