Germany

Germany

Jun 23, 2015

The Call Came.

Family...   
 
    I really don't have a lot of time this week because my companion is getting transferred  out of Berlin and I am just saying bye to him and getting him ready to leave. I cant explain how great it has been to be with him. I really couldn't have imagined our relationship and friendship coming to this point with seeing what happened in the first couple weeks with us hahah. We are like best friends now. I know that the gospel really does make people love each other and brings us together. And I am so grateful that when we just allow ourselves to change that it is possible. We don't HAVE to be on a mission to change. We can change no matter what situations we are in in our lives. Let him work with you and your situations and you will never become a better person. I really know that we can reach our full potential when we just trust the Lord and let his perfect gospel change our imperfectness as people. Follow him and love him even when it may not seem to be possible. I will miss Elder Kramer Morton. He is a now such a great friend I will miss him for sure.

 I will share one thing like I always do. :) The funny thing is... I think of this right off the top of my head hahaha. I never know what I want to say before until I feel prompted to say something. Okay.... This last Sunday in church they talked A LOT about the spirit. It was the main topic and I really really enjoyed what a few members said. "the only thing that counts in the work of the Lord, is the spirit." and "the spirit of the Lord in our daily lives is like being at a concert. If we WANT to hear our friend talking to us when its loud, we HAVE to tune everything out and listen intensively on what the spirit/person is saying to us." How bad do we want the spirit of the Lord through us in our lives? Is it a priority that the spirit leads us through everyday to make decisions and help with stress and things that bring us down? You know WE have the decision to let the spirit lead us in all we do. It just depends on what you want. Would you rather let things of the world distract you, than to take some time and listen to the still small voice that will tell you ALL THINGS what you should do? 2 Nephi 32:5  I promise that this time that we take for the Lord and for the spirit that we wont have our daily stress and frustrations that we ALL have. Then the spirit of the Lord is like it says in Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Yeah this life is a test. And it wont always be the easiest to want to listen to your friend during your favorite song of the concert. But you know what? Its worth it because in the end... its not about "me" and nothing should be. Just like the Lords task to suffer for every person wasn't about him. He did it because he loved us all. I promise when you try your hardest to listen to the spirit and tune in that you wont feel a bigger change in your life that you may need at any point and time. I love you all and hope you all continue to focus on the important little points of the gospel that bring us the most joy in life. Have an amazing week!


Liebe Grüße
Elder Brendon Williams

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment