Germany

Germany

Aug 3, 2015

30 weeks to go.......

Familie,

   So this last week was quite fun. We were in a trio the entire week and sometimes it was good because of the flexibility with the work. And sometimes I felt like I was with a bunch of girls because of the opinions the entire time haha. I had to just sit there and be patient which is good. It was a good learning experience. :) But we found out that I will be staying here in Berlin and the other Elder left. I really am excited for this next transfer. We have soooo much to do this next transfer and I feel like the last transfer just set us up good from finding and contacting and now we have a lot of people to visit and appointments. Our district is now 4 sisters and us two elders. That doesnt happen very often hahaha. It will go well I feel. 

    A few things that I learned this week come from a talk and a verse in the BoM. The verse is in 2 Nephi 28:30 and it says there from the Lord "I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have." After I read that I read a talk from general conference from Uchtdorf thats called "Lord, is it I?" And I think this is a learning principle for us all. We hear often in the scriptures that the prophets hear the voice of the Lord. Maybe they truly did hear the Lords voice. But what I find from this general conference talk is that we receive this wisdom from the Lord a lot through those we are around and through church meetings. I know that especially we can receive these teachings and help from the Lord when we are open and ready for the spirit to talk to us. Its almost a talent to be actively listening for the promptings of the spirit. But I know that the Lord is daily in our lives when we live worthy of it and when we are willing to listen to the confirmations of the spirit. Its really important that we don't just think to ourselves that comments and remarks are meant for others. Because most of the things that we learn in church can be applied to our own lives. Its never to late nor to early to give up on the blessings of the gospel. It is a life long process. So I learned from all of this that I will give an ear to those that are talking to me or helping me or supporting me. Because I know that the Lord talks to us through others. And it has built by testimony to know that that is the only way to help others come closer to Christ as a missionary by opening my mouth and sharing my testimony. :) Even if its small. 

   Other than that... I am doing great. The work is going well and we have a lot of people that can be visited in the next little while. Oh and the wife from Srdjan who was baptized two months ago, and his brother in law and sister in law will hopefully be getting baptized this month. We just need to take it slow because he has to translate everything from german to Serbian for them. I love you all though and I hope you have a fantastic week. Thanks for all you do and keep working hard in improving little things and also gratefully receiving little for little from the Lord. He loves you and wants you to grow. :)


Alles Liebe,
Elder Brendon Williams

 

No comments:

Post a Comment