Germany

Germany

Aug 12, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER!!!...

Familie,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER!!! YOU ARE THE BEST AND I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER BECAUSE LIKE THEY ALL SAY... YOU DESERVE IT!!!! :) THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME AND CONTINUE TO DO. I COULDN'T BE MORE GRATEFUL FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE. I LOVE YOU!

     Okay so a few things I would love to share are exactly what a few of you got to experience this last week.... Our mission vision and slogan is "faithfully we baptize focussed on the blessings of the temple." and with the Cedar Temple I am sooo excited! But our mission really is focussing on the temple and the blessing that it brings. So a big part of our work is family history. I can honestly say that it has become such an amazing experience being able to feel the spirit of Elijah that is promised to us as we search for those who havent been able to make a covenant with the Lord that are simply waiting. I also have seen such amazing blessings and people open up as we talk about family history and about the Temple. I really know that there is a special power and great blessings that come from the Temples. So I invite all of you to try and find your ancestors and bring the names to the temple with you. Its really fun and brings so much joy from that service and from our desires to help our earlier ancestors receive these blessings.

    Something awwesome that I learned this week comes from a talk that I read, and also alma chapter 17. The talk was about making goals and having a vision in mind. "Where there is no vision, the people perish” (Proverbs 29:18)" And I really have a testimony of that. This talk I found in the gospel library app and is from April 2012 conference. "having a vision to do". It goes really well with Ammon in the story of Alma. Ammon was tempted two specific times to be lead away from his calling to call the people to repentance, but he had a vision in mind. He KNEW why he was there. He KNEW what his purpose was as he went into that city to teach the people... And I think as people, we dont really have visions so much in our lives. Maybe we set a few goals here and there... But a vision is something that is strived for through goals and also a period of time. A vision is also something that we dont really see as realistic, but a desire to have. And I know that as we set visions that we cant lose track of the important things of this life. We need to keep "moving forward with steadfastness in Christ" and having faith in him. And the only way we can do that in such a busy world and life we have here on the earth, is to set a vision/goal. I really am grateful for the gospel and that I can always become better and set goals to help me progress and be a better person. I know that as we continue to strive to reach and stretch for things that bring us to Christ that we will be able to stand strong in hardships and trials in our lives. Thats what will help us when we feel like there isnt anyone there to help us or be with us. So set a vision and go after it. I know that the Lord will help you as you keep "an eye single to his glory" in your life. 

 
Alles Liebe,
   As far as teaching goes... We are doing fine right now. 2 of Srdjan family members should be getting baptized in the next 3 weeks. They are such amazing people. It's such a testimony builder to see someone find the gospel in their lives. It's not easy, but it's worth it. Also we've been teaching a lot of people on and off. We have the exchange student to the sisters to work with. And other than that, we've been spending a lot of time with helping members and also doing home teaching with them. Anyway, have a good week everyone! Love you!



Elder Williams 

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment