Germany

Germany

Feb 16, 2016

2 Weeks

2nd to last letter. Well... I've been really really mood swingy about
coming home haha. Sometimes I feel like it's going to be good and
other times I have amazing experiences and I don't know what I'm going
to do haha.
Last week we had an amazing experience ridding in the train on the way
home from our big conference in Leipzig. Oh my goodness it was so hard
saying bye to some of the missionaries that I've become really good
friends with. But it'll all be good in the end :). Sorry got off
track.. We were in the train and a lady was sitting across from me and
so I started talking to her. She was super friendly and we just talked
about normal random things. We started talking about her family and
how her 13 year old son only plays games all day and especially during
the school breaks ( don't worry mom and dad Ethan isn't the only one )
(; haha. And we talked a lot about family and so I showed her my
family history account on my iPad and we talked for a good hour before
the train was coming to a stop. And about 10 minutes before I found
out two amazing things that I didn't think would come up... She told
me her son is looking to get baptized and two that her parents had
already passed away. (Young lady in 30-40) and I was able to give my
testimony of the gospel and I gave her a card. The thing was... I knew
the other elders were going to get in the same train with her after we
got out and so I told them to give her a BOM because of the
information they told me. So they sat next to her as if it was a total
coincidence.. Haha and they asked her a German question and then
totally ended up giving her a Book of Mormon by the end of the train
ride. Now, I have no idea what's going to happen.. She is also from
Bayern and I probably won't hear from her ever again. But there is a
promise given to us all  and it says ... D&C 100:4-6  4
Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for
thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls. 5 Therefore,
verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the
thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be
confounded before men; 6 For it shall be given you in the very hour,
yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.

The very moment I found out what I needed to say and it was the very
moment that I needed to meet this lady. I know with my entire heart
that the Lord works through natural and comfortable ways to share the
gospel. If we are friendly and loving there will always be something
that someone says where we can bear our testimony. I know the Lord
lives and directs his work through those who are ready to help him in
this great cause. I love doing this and the happiest thing is that I
know I will always be able to share what's brought me joy even after
I'm done being a full time missionary.


I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week as always. Enjoy the
p day pictures. We did a "sight seeing" tour of some cities here in
our area with a member.




Love, Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment